The invites are out and now is the time to start planning little miss Allie's first Birthday. Wow, time flies when you are taking care of two small kids. That year went by at record speed.
Anyway, having a baby girl means you can go over the top pink for events, which is just what I am doing. Here is a "How to" guide on some adorable ballerina pink and gold tissue tassel garland I've made for her party! You may have noticed that these garlands go for $50-$70 on etsy.com! For that amount of money, you can make your own and cover your entire house in this decor.
1) You'll need tissue paper, scissors, string and a bit of glue. THIS Hygloss and THIS Metallic paper make the garland look amazing!
2) Cut the tissue paper in half. Fold that piece in half and cut strips along the edge. You can make this faster by folding the paper up like a fan and cutting multiple strips at once. I'd leave a good inch and a half or two of uncut paper.
3) Unfold your paper and roll the center piece that you did not cut in to.
4) Twist the rolled paper.
5) Attach your garland pieces to strong string or twine and secure with glue.
6) Hang up your decor and enjoy!
This tassel garland was so fun and inexpensive to make. I have enough left over to string them on the ends of balloons too. (On a side note, make sure and check out THESE PAPER FLOWERS I made too! )